Interdisciplinary Research Grants

Interdisciplinary Research Grants

 
Definition
Interdisciplinary Research Grants are grants offered to teams of faculty members from a number of interdisciplinary fields of study. Those faculty members possess distinguished research and knowledge skills and endeavor to carry out high quality collaborative research projects that contribute to the advancement of knowledge and community.
 
Goals
1.    Encourage interdisciplinary research projects.
2.    Improve the quality of scientific research.
3.    Diversify the types and domains of research grants available for faculty members and providing them with ample opportunities to conduct research in their respective fields of expertise.
4.    Foster an interactive and competitive climate for University researchers and encourage them to strengthen academic and professional ties with one another.
5.    Improve the research skills of novice researchers and graduate students and encourage them to research issues related to sustainable development.
6.    Support research partnerships with both public and private sectors.
 
Eligibility Requirements for of Interdisciplinary Research Grants
1.    The Principal Investigator shall be associate professor or higher;
2.    At least one member of the research team shall have published a research paper in a journal indexed in ISI or in a similar index approved by the Deanship of Scientific Research Council.
a.     Interdisciplinary Research Grants in the fields of Theological and Arabic studies shall be exempted from this requirement. In such case, Theological and Arabic studies journal rating guidelines published in the Guideline Annexes for Excellence Awards issued by the National Commission for Academic Accreditation and Assessment (NCAAA) shall apply.
3.    At least two research papers shall have been published in the two years preceding the application for an Interdisciplinary Research Grant.
4.    The title of the Interdisciplinary Research Project shall be in line with its scope of research.
5.    It is must that the specializations of the individual members of the Interdisciplinary Research Project be diversified but interconnected.
6.    A researcher can participate in more than one Interdisciplinary Research Projects at a time; however, a researcher cannot act as a Principal Investigator of more than one Interdisciplinary Research Project at a time. As well as, he can act as a Corporative Investigator up to four times at research round(Research Year).
7.    The minimum number of researchers in any Interdisciplinary Research Project is two in addition to the Principal Investigator. A team member of the Interdisciplinary Research Project, other than the Principal Investigator, can be from outside the University if it is deemed that he or she can contribute to the research team effort.
8.    It is preferable that Interdisciplinary Research Project includes graduate student members.
9.    All published research reports resulting from the Interdisciplinary Research Project shall bear the name of the Principal Investigator.
10.    A proposal for an Interdisciplinary Research Grant shall detail the research plans, a project timeline, and a proposed budget according to the official Interdisciplinary Research Grant Form available from the Deanship of Scientific Research.
11.    The Principal Investigator shall undertake to publish a minimum number of research papers equal to the number of researchers in the Interdisciplinary Research Project in high impact factor journals indexed in ISI.
12.    All research reports resulting from the Interdisciplinary Research Project shall acknowledge the Deanship of Scientific Research at Qassim University.
13.    Forty percent (40%) of the research project budget shall be released to the Principal Investigator upon signature of the contract. The remaining 60% shall be released after the successful completion of the project and timely publication of resulting research reports in accordance with the contract terms and timeline.
14.    The Interdisciplinary Research Project team shall submit to the Deanship a copy of all research output including published research reports along with a brief report on what has been accomplished.
15.    Interdisciplinary Research Grants are administered by the University research centers.